Saturday, August 15, 2009

Peanut Festival

















This morning we set out to Brooklet, GA for the 20th Annual Peanut Festival. We had never heard of it before so thought we would take a trip to see what it was all about. There were tons of tractors so that made my day. The parade was on TV and we were right across the street from the filming so everyone stopped right in front of us to talk so we got to see them really good. After the parade we walked around the grounds and I got a book called "Charlie the Peanut"; it was signed to me by the author. After that we drove on into Statesboro for lunch and ended up getting an ice cream at Bruster's before heading back home. Since I was shorter than the cone sign I got it free and it had a happy face on it. I will share some pics of our day...hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment