Saturday, April 25, 2009

Strawberry Patch






This morning we got up and went to St.Helena Island to Dempsey Farms to pick strawberries. I remembered picking them last year so I was very excited to go back. I walked right up to the stand and the lady gave me a bucket and off I went. We each filled our own buckets and tried to get the biggest reddest ones we could find. It was pretty hot out and quite a few other people, but there were plenty of strawberries for everyone. Heather and Sierra had been there right before us and got 11 lbs. We ended up with 9 1/2 lbs total between the 3 of us. So tomorrow mommy is trying her hand at freezer jam making. But we get to eat some of them too and if we eat them all we will just have to go back and pick more. Hope you enjoy the pics of me there. Oh and tonight we are going to Forsyth Park in Savannah for Movie in the Park night. They are playing Finding Nemo on a screen in the open field. Hope I can stay awake but if not I will be sure to take my blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment